What you need to know
- The program will take 12 months to complete and is made up of three parts: Boot Camp (3 months), Stable Work-Placement (4.5 months) and Stud Work-Placement (4.5 months).
- There is one intake per year and the program commences in the first week of February.
- ‘Boot Camp’ is conducted at TAFE NSW, Richmond Campus.
- The program is capped at 30 Cadets.
- Cadets will need to be able to cover the cost of their accommodation and living expenses during Boot Camp. Following Boot Camp, Cadets will start earning a wage and the cost of accommodation will be deducted from their salary.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a passion for horses, animals and/or racing and a level of equine experience through the application process to be considered for the program.
- Cadets need to be 18 years or over at the commencement of the program and 24 years or under.
- The program will involve riding and hard physical work, so Cadets will need to be fit and healthy and have a strong work ethic and will to succeed.
- Thoroughbred Industry Careers will supply Cadets with a uniform to wear on excursions and filming days. The uniform consists of 3 x polo shirts, a vest, a wind jacket and a cap.
Students will need to complete the application form below.
Remember we need to understand a bit about you, so please tell us as much as you can about your interests and background and why you would be a great Cadet. You will also need some photo’s handy to upload.
Once applications close students will be notified if they have been accepted for an interview on Facetime or Skype/Zoom.
During these interviews, applicants will be asked general questions about why they want to be on the program and their experience with horses.
Applicants will be notified via phone or email if they have a place on the program.
Successful Cadets will then need to formally enrol into TAFE NSW, Richmond Campus and their accommodation at Western Sydney University - details on how to do this will be forwarded to successful applicants. Successful applicants will also be advised at this time further details on the program and what they will need to pack.
Begin your application by pressing start, when completing the application you can navigate the answers with arrow keys on the form.
When you have completed as much of the application form as you can you can submit by skipping the questions using the arrows.