Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) is a statutory body whose role is to oversee all harness racing activity in Victoria. We are committed to developing a vibrant and sustainable harness racing industry which promotes participation, integrity and racing excellence and grow returns to all our stakeholders. We run around 450 race meetings per year at 26 tracks throughout Victoria.
As a Steward you will provide leadership and mentoring, ensuring the integrity and good reputation of Victorian harness racing is maintained and continually enhanced.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Attend race meetings, Inquiries & Appeals to ensure that harness racing is conducted fairly
- Act in accordance with the Rules and Policies of Harness Racing
- Analyse a race, video and make educated judgements on interference or tactics that may have affected the outcome of a race.
- Interact with a diverse range of industry stakeholders and maintaining a professional manner.
This role requires regular travel throughout regional Victoria including light aircraft; and you must have a flexible view with regard to working hours. A current driver's license is essential.
- Experiencing in working within a Stewarding environment
- Detailed knowledge of racing, horses and race strategies
- An understanding of legal principles and be conversant with the Rules of Harness Racing
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and writing skills
- Ability to follow strict procedural guidelines
- Strong attention to detail, time management and ability to meet deadlines
A genuine desire to work and make a contribution to protecting the integrity of the racing industry is a must.
The successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete background screening checks.
- Career development and training
- Be part of a dedicated and supportive work environment
- Challenging and Varied role
- Onsite Parking & Gym
For a confidential discussion please call HRV on 03 8378 0200.
Applications close Friday 1st November 2019