Assistant Trackwork Supervisor
YOUR TICKET TO A WINNING CAREER
The Australian Turf Club (ATC) prides itself on being one of the world’s most desirable destinations for Thoroughbred racing, events and hospitality with four premier racing and entertainment venues: Royal Randwick; Rosehill Gardens; Canterbury Park, and; Warwick Farm.
The ATC conducts 110 race meetings and hosts over 400 diverse non-race day events annually across our venues. Together with our network of members, sponsors, racing industry partners, event customers and suppliers, we create mutual, enduring value to entertainment in NSW.
Based at Royal Randwick and reporting to the Track Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operational control of relevant activities with regards to training, barrier trials and race day track work.
You will provide the racetrack team with effective leadership and supervision whilst implementing the Club’s set WHS procedures. This includes working with a team devoted to offering world class facilities to those utilising the racecourse through best practice surfaces and equipment.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent people management skills to lead and motivate the team and manage client issues, e.g. managing the expectations of trainers;
- Strong analytical skills and the capacity to develop innovative policy and practices that achieve business objectives;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills and the capacity to develop and maintain strong relationships and obtain the cooperation of others;
- Expert knowledge & experience in riding, controlling and training horses;
- Extensive experience in race tracks and riding;
- Demonstrated ability supervising racetrack operations;
- Proven experience with people management including providing leadership, motivation and training for all staff;
- Training delivery and evaluation skills;
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you embody the ATC Values of Collaborate, Care, Own & Bold, then we highly encourage you to apply.
Applications close at 6pm on Friday 18 October 2019.
To find out more visit the employment section of our website: https://www.australianturfclub.com.au/employment/