Yearling Preperation Manager
Noorilim Park Thoroughbreds is currently seeking an experienced and capable person to join our horse breeding property at Arcadia, Victoria.
Duties will include:
• Train and educate yearlings
• Daily care and management of yearlings
• Ensure yearlings receive sufficient exercise
• Re-educating horses
• Train young thoroughbreds to be accustomed to yearling sales and other events and procedures
• Prepare young stock for sale
• Assist Veterinarians with administering medical treatment to foals
• Oversee junior staff
• Maintain safe and hygienic conditions in the stable area
The salary will be above award – in the range of $55,000 to $60,000 per annum.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3-year full time professional experience in the role.
In addition, the following will be required:
• Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred breeding and yearlings
• Knowledge, skills and experience of stable management and preparation of horses for breeding and sale
• Proven ability to train and educate young horses
• Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
• Proven ability to manage a small team
• Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
• Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of thoroughbreds
• A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification