Executive Bloodstock Assistant- Belmont Bloodstock
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Executive Bloodstock Assistant at Belmont Bloodstock- a Melbourne based international bloodstock agency.
This is a full-time role based in Richmond in Melbourne. There may be opportunities for interstate travel to attend yearling and broodmare sales.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivating with a high attention to detail and a serious passion for horseracing and breeding. The position is varied, it is a fast paced ever changing environment with exciting projects constantly on the go. This requires applicants to be flexible and forward thinking while maintaining the highest level of discretion. Ideally the right person will have tertiary qualifications however this is not essential if they have the right background.
The key aspects of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Office management including invoicing using Xero and accounts payable.
- Pedigree and sales catalogue research.
- Assisting in the continued promotion of Belmont Bloodstock in both Australia and overseas.
- Maintaining schedules and current pedigrees of client’s bloodstock portfolios.
- Providing executive assistant support to managing director.
- Bloodstock valuations and assessments.
- Coordinating stallion bookings and contracts with studs.
- Creating contracts and valuations.
- Keeping track of sales, bookings etc via efficient spreadsheets.
- Assisting in the promotion of Arqana, the French Thoroughbred auction house.
- Website management.
- Managing mailing lists and catalogue distribution.
The right candidate will preferably have the following experience:
- Strong understanding of pedigrees and race form.
- Pedigree editing skills.
- Ideally strong office administration and accounting skills.
- Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook & Word.
The ability to produce evidence-based research projects on pedigree and race track performance is essential
The role will suit a young, keen individual with a strong desire to learn and build a career in the bloodstock industry.
There are extremely lucrative opportunities for the right person.
Please send your CV, as well as a cover letter outlining your skillset, background and why you think that you would be the right person for this position to Damon Gabbedy firstname.lastname@example.org