Flemington Foreman Position available with leading Victorian Trainer
- To assist through a management role the running of the thoroughbred racing stable.
Scope of Role
- Full-time Position with Danny O’Brien Racing on a fortnightly roster, reporting to the Trainer and General Manager, and working closely with Assistant Trainer.
Specific Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage daily operations and implement Trainer’s training regime for horse racing stable at Flemington
- Help Assistant Trainer manage full-time, part-time, riding and casual staff
- Assist with Training Technology data used by stable - ensuring detailed records are kept on each horse
- Help co-ordinate transport logistics for stable – Races, Trials, Paddock
- Assist Trainer in trackwork and race programming when required
- Liaise directly with external suppliers including Vet, Farriers & Feed Companies
- Work with the Trainer, General Manager and Assistant Trainer to service Owners
- Co-ordinate Stable’s Work Safe Program & Employer Obligations, and liaise with Office Manager regarding issues
- Create and harbour an inclusive working environment that promotes dynamic, agile and empowered staff
- Help train staff – feeds, treadmill, GPS data. Look at ways to empower staff.
- Represent Stable at race meetings and liaise with Jockeys, Owners, Staff and Media on occasions
- Work with Management to set Goals for stable and staff to aspire too
- Any other tasks as directed by Trainer, General Manager and Assistant Trainer
- The successful candidate must have years of experience in a racing stable, preferably managing staff and will also aspire to uphold elite standards and communication.
- Applicants are asked to send their resume including references to General Manager Matt Harrington via e-mail (email@example.com)