ASSISTANT STALLION MANAGER
“The positive employee is optimistic, confident in his or her abilities, doesn’t stop, hesitate or wait for others, but takes the initiative and is always on the frontline.” – HH Sheikh Mohammed
Godolphin is the world’s largest, global breeding and racing operation.
Godolphin has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Stallion Manager to be based at its Kelvinside operation in the Hunter Valley, NSW.
Reporting to the Stallion Manager, the successful applicant should be an organised, efficient and a driven individual with thorough attention to detail, have a positive attitude, good work ethic and be willing to go above and beyond in your role. The successful applicant should be able to provide direction to the Stallion team, care and wellbeing of bloodstock, people leadership and general horse and people management.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Proven horse management skills
- A working knowledge of, and experience within a thoroughbred stud farm
- Ensure all horses receive the highest quality of care during the covering process
- General routine breeding procedures and daily routines required in the stallion barn
- Coordinate the breeding shed and covering processes and procedures
- Assist with feeding and exercise regimes on a daily basis
- Perform day to day husbandry of the stallions
- General stable and farm duties
- Compliance with all organisational policies, procedures and processes and legislative standards and requirements
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Leadership and people management skills
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- A chance to work at one of Godolphin’s premium breeding locations
A detailed job description is available on request.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in writing by Wednesday, 5th of February 2020 to:
Community and Industry Program Officer
401 Rouchel Road
Aberdeen NSW 2336