Marketing and Media Executive
Do you enjoy working across a variety of day to day tasks assisting others in a team?
Do you enjoy working independently and as part of a team?
Do you possess the ability to time manage and work in a fast-paced environment?
Are you a social media whizz with a detailed understanding of marketing and event management. Are you comfortable working with CRM platforms and able to create appropriate content to achieve agreed business outcomes and objectives.
If you answered yes, then we want to hear from you!
The Darwin Turf Club is home to one of the most prestigious sporting events in the Top End, the Great Northern Darwin Cup Carnival.
Nestled in the lush tropical surrounds of the Fannie Bay racecourse, the Club races 39 times a year and is famed for the running of the iconic Great Northern Darwin Cup, the highlight of an 8 day racing carnival in July – August
About The role
We are looking for a Marketing & Media Executive reporting into the General Manager of Marketing & Media. You will provide daily marketing operations support for all areas, including campaign management, Social Media activity and content generation etc.
- Assist the GM of Marketing and Media in planning, developing and implementing effective marketing and communication campaigns
- Planning and the delivery of feature events and race days as required
- Drafting and preparing copy for all marketing collateral, including print media, digital media and platforms associated, letters, and email correspondence
- Scheduling of all marketing campaigns – TV, Radio, Digital and Print
- Monitoring ongoing campaign spend against budget, keeping accurate records and highlighting where variances occur
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, or a similar discipline
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Management of budgets and reporting experience
- Strong attention to detail, especially with administration
- Strong Communication Skills – verbal and written at all business levels
- Have a high standard of presentation
- Experience with Photoshop, Canva or other design software
- Immediate Start Date
- Remuneration will be commensurate with your skills, knowledge and experience within a similar role
- 4 weeks annual leave + 1 additional week time in lieu for extra hours worked over Darwin Cup Carnival
- Time in lieu for weekend work and public holidays
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply online today marked attention to: Jade Meredith – Human Resources Manager. Please include a current resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience.
For a detailed job description please email Jade via firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the Darwin Turf Club website www.darwinturfclub.org.au
Applications Close: COB Friday 31st January 2020.
This is a re-advertised position, previous applicants need not re-apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Due to Darwin Cup Carnival, no annual leave is able to be approved between Mid May - Mid August each year.
No applicants seeking sponsorship will be considered for this role. No reverse marketing from agencies will be considered for this role at this time.