Graduation of Cadets – Royal Randwick
A huge day yesterday celebrating our graduates from the August 2019 and February 2020 intake of the Explorer Cadetship Program, plus the riders who completed the inaugural Accelerator Program of 2020.
There have been several dates set and cancelled due to Covid for this Graduation Ceremony but we were thrilled so many students and their families could finally congregate at the Australian Turf Club, Royal Randwick for their Anzac Day Meeting.
Thank you to all of our stakeholders for their continued support and to our students who are achieving some incredible things in the Thoroughbred Industry. A special thank you also to the Australian Turf Club for hosting us in their magnificent Directors Room and for Ally Mosley from Sky Racing for interviewing our panellists.
We are proud of what all of our students have accomplished and special awards were given to the following for outstanding achievement in the following categories.
August 2019 Explorer Cadetship Program:
1. Most Improved Award – Leigh Allen, Leigh is now working as the Assistant Communications Manager for
Ciaron Maher Racing, Leigh completed his stud placementGodolphin Northwood Park and his stable placement for Ciaron Maher Racing.
2. Horsemanship Award – Laura Gambling, Laura completed her stud placement at Eureka Stud in QLD and her stable placement at Lindsay Park Racing where she has continued working beyond graduating.
February 2020 Explorer Cadetship Program:
1. Most Improved – Nicholas Brown – Nick completed his stable placement with
Gai Waterhouse Racing and his stud placement working with the stallion team at Arrowfield Stud where he continues to work.
2. Horsemanship Award – Jess Emmerson, Jess completed her stable and stud placement at Godolphin and Jess is currently working as a trackrider in the breaking team at Kelvinside Stud in Scone.
3. Ellen Anderson also received an award for her overall contribution to the Explorer Program, Ellen is now working in Townsville for Equine Solutions combining her Equine Science Degree with her experience from her year in industry working as a trackrider for Chris Waller Racing and a stud season with the broodmare team Arrowfield Stud
Achievement in Industry Award went to Ashley Alford, currently excelling as a track rider for Lindsay Park Racing.
A special thank you was also presented by Ross Cole, Director of Corporate Services at Godolphin to Champion jockey Tommy Berry for his continued support to Thoroughbred Industry Careers. Unfortunately due to Covid restrictions, Tommy wasn’t able to be in the room but we filmed a message to send to him.
We would also like to thank Karlie Triffitt
and her team at Richmond for their continued support as our training partners and Tracy O’Hara for her hard work with both TIC and Karlie’s team to deliver our students to the industry with the skills they need to succeed.
These young people are the future of our industry and we are incredibly proud to help them on the journey.
Beautiful images were taken by Emma Hale Photography