TIC is currently looking for a new home for the Explorer Cadetship and Accelerator Programs following the closure of Richmond Equine TAFE. Please follow our social media pages for important updates on these programs.
What you need to know
- The program will take 12 months to complete and is made up of three parts: Boot Camp (13 weeks), Stable Work-Placement (4.5 months) and Stud Work-Placement (4.5 months).
- There is one intake per year and the program commences in February.
- ‘Boot Camp’ is conducted in Richmond NSW.
- Cadets will need to be able to cover the cost of their accommodation and living expenses at Western Sydney University (Richmond Campus), during Boot Camp. Following Boot Camp, Cadets will start earning a wage and the cost of accommodation will be deducted from their salary.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a passion for horses, animals and/or racing.
- Cadets need to be 18 years or over at the commencement of the program and 24 years or under.
- The program will involve riding and hard physical work, so Cadets will need to be fit and healthy and have a strong work ethic and will to succeed.
- Thoroughbred Industry Careers will supply Cadets with a uniform to wear on excursions and filming days.
- Cadets will need to be fit and healthy will a strong will to succeed.
Students will need to complete the application form below.
Remember we need to understand a bit about you, so please tell us as much as you can about your interests and background and why you would be a great Cadet. You will also need some photo’s handy to upload.
Once applications close students will be notified if they have been accepted for an interview over the phone.
During these interviews, applicants will be asked general questions about why they want to be on the program and their experience with horses.
Applicants will need to supply referees at this stage.
Applicants will be notified via phone or email if they have a place on the program.
Successful applicants will then need to formally enrol into the Certificate II in Racing and their accommodation at Western Sydney University – details on how to do this will be forwarded to successful applicants. Successful applicants will also be advised at this time of further details on the program and what they will need to pack.